Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Comedy

I am in love with comedy! Since I was a kid I have loved laughter. In my grown-up life I perform stand-up Comedy. I have always loved the greats in comedy. Bill Cosby,Richard Pryor,Eddie Murphy,Robin Harris etc. Comedy is a unique way to express your emotions. Like my friend and comedian Brandon Wright says,"comedy is a level playing field. We all have to start at the bottom in comedy." A reason I love stand-up comedy. I love to be onstage and just bieng able to connect to the audience. I am at an early stage in my comedy career but that seems to be when I am the most hungry!. Last night I performed at a bar and when I spoke the crowd turned their attention on me. It was a powerful moment for me. Performing at the dreadful bar is most comics nightmare due to the disruptions. People don't come to a bar to hear comedy. Last night that changed for me. I spoke and they listened and laughed. It was a night to remember. I am so glad I got it on tape! Comedian Brandon Wright said I killed it last night which was a first for me. So how do you start if you want to do comedy? Start by attending open mic sessions at local comedy clubs. You can also go to bars but remember they are not there to see you. Bars offer many disruption but with constant work you can power through those disruptions. Goodluck P-Paul Pimpin!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment