Friday, June 10, 2011

For the love of music..

I am a music lover. I have always been. When I was a kid my first memories were of my father playing music from The Temptations. I was about 3 years old. Since then music has changed. I grew up during the 80's and 90's. So I watched the music scene progress to what it is today. I have even produced my own album not bragging. I just have always been in love with music.

My fear is that some genre's of music have lost their flavor. Okay so yes I am talking about Rap. From the early 80's when it was just about a message to what rap has become is distressing. It is all about the paper now days. I could remember being able to remember Dana Dane's whole verses. Kids today only know the chorus's of todays rappers. Have we really created a generation of thugs?

It would seem like the CEO's of the rap game are not interested in changing the path of destruction. The message is after about getting money. Funny that some many don't have any but yet they say get money. I hate to preach but this was not what rap was suppose to be. It was a way to relate to each others struggles not about getting paper,strippers,drugs,and murder.

If you are not familiar with a new form of rap called Christian rap the artist known as Lecrae says, "that rap died,rap was never alive." What rap was not suppose to be a quick way for people to get rich and shout get money all the time. It's been twisted and turned into music that I can't recognize today. You have artists with no talent making millions. It is really sad. What rap was and is now are two different biengs.

Call me old school who cares if your new school cost more than my old school. My old school made sense. It wasn't mindless,thoughtless and messageless rap. Rap had form a flow to it. Now they let artist who I won't mention shout stupidities on their CD's and call it music. Rap today has made me search out other forms of music. Rap was at one time the Black American's pride and joy now it has become a disgrace. For the love of music that was once called rap..





Blue_728x90

No comments:

Post a Comment