Thursday, June 30, 2011

I Am Comedian-Blog

After serving in the military for 15 years, my life is at a crossroads. Do I choose to do like everyone else and get the regular job or do I make my own path to what will hopefully lead to greatness? I am Comedian is my blog about my life as a comedian. I live in NC. Soon, will be a trip to New York which seems to be the comedy mecca. My decision, I know will effect my family and I know. For 15 Years of my life I took orders.

Now I am out of the military. Unemployed but looking to persue comedy. My friend and comedy counterpart started his own company that I am apart of. I want to change comedy. I believe I can be great. Last night I had a great performance. When I think of great comedians I think of Cosby,Pryor,Murphy,Harris,Rock,and Chapelle. Those names stick in my mind. The comedy game has changed. You don't have to be the funniest to make it in the buisness. I am a little apprehensive about New York but I want my chance to see if I can do great things as well. This blog is going to be my attempt to keep readers updated on my progress.

I Am Comedian.. More blogs to come.

7/23/2011

The New York trip didn't happen. Things fell through as they do in life. I found a show to perform at and that's what I did. I had to reach deep down and show myself I wanted this new lifestyle. The real work has always been the rehearsals. I fall back on those when I am onstage.. The better the rehearsal the better I perform. So I am off a week of doing comedy. I feel stronger. Some shows were good some were bad. I learn from the bad ones. Next up is Texas.. I am determined to do well in my home state. Only time will tell....

No comments:

Post a Comment